Since its inception in 2014, Shoalstone Pool Limited has always operated in the interests of the Brixham community. However as a limited company there have been some people who have been sceptical of our aims, and we have also found it difficult to apply for certain sources of funding.
We are therefore very proud to announce that we have made a successful application to become a Community Interest Company, officially recognising our status as a social enterprise using our profits and assets for the public good.
Our aims have not changed: our activities will continue to benefit the community of residents of, and visitors to, Brixham who use Shoalstone Seawater Pool and its immediate environs.
Specifically, we aim to:
- Manage all the operations of Shoalstone Pool in an effective and efficient manner.
- Raise money and provide volunteers to contribute towards maintenance, repairs and other activities, where necessary.
- Help to update facilities when needed, for example by buying new equipment to further that goal.
- Promote and protect Shoalstone Pool’s heritage and use as a civic amenity.
- Promote its use for aquatic sports and the part this plays in people’s health and well being, both in Brixham and among the wider public.
- Promote and provide educational opportunities for lifeguarding, swimming and other associated activities.
Any profit we make will continue to be used for maintaining the pool and furthering the activities of the CIC.
We are excited by the opportunities this successful application will open up, and look forward to continuing to take the pool from strength to strength.
Thank you for your continued support!