In 2014 Torbay Council decided Shoalstone Pool was no longer a viable asset, and Brixham Town Council took over responsibility for the facility: Shoalstone Pool Limited was set up to oversee the strategic development and day to day operations of the pool, and has converted to a Community Interest Company.
SPCIC is a volunteer-run company, and exists to provide benefit to the community of residents of, and visitors to, Brixham who use Shoalstone Pool and its immediate environs.
The company aims to:
- Manage all the operations of Shoalstone Pool in an effective and efficient manner
- Raise money and provide volunteers to contribute towards maintenance, repairs, and other activities where necessary
- Help to update facilities when needed, for example by buying new equipment to further that goal
- Promote and protect Shoalstone Pool’s heritage and use as a civic amenity
- Promote the pool’s use for aquatic sports and the part this plays in people’s health and wellbeing, both in Brixham and among the wider public
- Promote and provide educational opportunities for lifeguarding, swimming and other associated activities.
We are always interested in hearing from people who believe they might have the skills to enhance our board of directors, so please do get in touch if you would like to get involved at this level.
Board of Directors
Secretary: Rosemary Clarke
Finance Director: Jessica Stock
Chairperson: position vacant
Treasurer: Anthony Heard
Director: Ian Carr
Director: Tony Sturch